Pozor na chranené územia pri výpravách

Tu sa môžete voľne pozhovárať o svojich chovoch, pochváliť sa úspechami, zvlekmi, čo máte v chove nové, dohodnúť si schôdzky, obchody.

Moderátori: Sceptic, bebekexxx, thefox

Napísať odpoveď
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Sceptic
Administrátor stránky
Dátum registrácie: 28. Decembra 2005, 16:20
Kontaktovať užívateľa:
Pozor na chranené územia pri výpravách

Príspevok od užívateľa Sceptic » 14. Apríla 2006, 15:03

Original sprava zo stranky: http://iafrica.com/news/sa/283475.htm

CAPE TOWN
Spider expert fined for poaching

Thu, 13 Apr 2006

Three foreign nationals, one of them an internationally recognised spider expert, have been fined after pleading guilty to poaching spiders and scorpions in a Western Cape nature reserve, CapeNature announced on Wednesday.

Richard Gallon (30) and Guy Tansley (36), both from the United Kingdom, and Thomas Ezendam (38) from the Netherlands, were arrested by CapeNature staff at Vrolijkheid Nature Reserve outside Robertson on March 30.

They had 27 baboon spiders, 20 other spiders and four scorpions.

Found guilty by a Robertson magistrate on charges of collecting, possessing and transporting the arachnids without permits, they were each fined R10 000, of which R7000 was suspended.

CapeNature said Gallon was a conservationist and biologist and did freelance research on spiders, working closely with researchers in South Africa.

He was also a world authority on baboon spiders. Tansley and Ezendam were also spider enthusiasts and freelance researchers.

CapeNature said they claimed that while they did realise what they were doing was illegal, they did not realise the seriousness of the offence.

They had shown "a great degree of remorse".

Said Kas Hamman, CapeNature's director of biodiversity: "While CapeNature supports and fully appreciates the value of research on arachnids, it has to be done by the book, with the necessary permits."

A KTOMU PRIKLADAM AJ OSOBNU REAKCIU R. GALLONA:

Regarding my theraphosid research trip to South Africa

For the moment I shall refrain from posting an in-depth Public Statement regarding the difficulties we recently experienced in South Africa. A full statement will be issued within several days – once I have had time to recover from the ordeal and digest the media fallout and immediate ramifications.

I was disappointed to read the one-sided view presented in the media; particularly the numerous factually incorrect aspects (and speculation) which were used to ‘spice-up’ the story and assassinate our reputations.

We did have collecting permits for specific areas, but unbeknown to us we also needed separate permits, from an entirely separate organisation, to transport between these areas.

The story also incorrectly implies that we collected all the specimens from one reserve and that we had disregard for environmental consequences. Pity the media never got to read the research proposal I submitted when applying for permits. They would have clearly seen that I had imposed strict collection limits per site, specifically stated collection/export methods and addressed all points relating to soil erosion and associated environmental damage!!!

I am also disappointed that the BTS has been associated with this incident. The RSA theraphosid research is my own personal research and in no way connected to the BTS.

Thank you to those who have defended our integrity on the websites whilst rumour and media feeding-frenzy occurred. At times like this you realise who are real friends and quickly identify those who claim friendship for personal gain!!!

Užívateľov profilový obrázok
FoXo
Dátum registrácie: 18. Februára 2006, 23:11
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevok od užívateľa FoXo » 20. Septembra 2006, 00:00

Prelozte mi to niekto :)

Napísať odpoveď